Yellowstone 8/21/18 (Heading Home)

Leaving LeClarie, we headed south back to Galesburg where we left the car two weeks earlier.  The rental car agency shares the parking lot with Amtrak, so it was easy to transfer the luggage and leave the rental.

We couldn’t resist and had to make one last stop as we were heading home. As we’d headed to Galesburg two weeks previously, we’d scouted the location of a small farm-based store in Fithian, IL selling - what else - cheese!  Ludwig Farms is located at the end of a series of small back roads, ending up in a parking lot across from cow barns. We, of course bought some of their artisanal cheeses to enjoy once we get home.

The trip back to Fishers was uneventful and we arrived around 4pm. The car was unloaded, suitcases emptied and the first load of laundry was in by 5pm.  Although traveling is great fun and always an adventure, it is still great to be home and sleep in one's own bed.

One the few souvenirs I look for on all my trips are patches.  I have been collecting since I was Girl Scout back in Elementry School and have several hundred at this point.  I like patches that include a specific location and have interesting colors. I also find they are light weight and easy to pack.  On this trip I was able to add nine new patches to my collection.

Little Bighorn Battlefield
Grand Tetons-Snake River
Buffalo Bill Center of the West
Bear Country, USA
Yellowstone National Park-Old Faithful
Crazy Horse Monuent
Saloon No 10
Mount Rushmore National Memorial
Badlands National Park

The biggest challenge is finding them in my luggage when I get home.

Pictures 8/21/18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bluegrass to Blue Ridge 5-6-21 (Knoxville Zoo-Not)

Yellowstone 8/12/18 (Jackson Hole to Yellowstone)

Canadian Capital 6/18/19 (Old Montreal)